Choose the best gardening tips to welcome in Autumn and maintain your garden to its full potential for another new season!
Helping your garden along with adapting to a new season is very important. With the weather becoming cooler in Autumn, being out in the garden is a much easier process.
The best ways to make the most of your garden in Autumn based on what we know about caring and maintaining gardens at Jim’s Mowing include:
- As your soil still remains warm from Summer, in Autumn, root growth is at its peak. Choosing to grow beautiful herbs and veggies like: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Parsley and Spinach in Autumn, will last all throughout Winter and continue to bloom in Spring.
- Fertilising your lawn is one of our top Autumn gardening tips. The heat tends to burn and dry out your grass. Choosing to fertilise and water your lawn will give your lawn the chance to grow and flourish again, after being damaged from the heat, and will protect your lawn against the colder months approaching.
- Mulching your garden and giving your plants and trees extra nutrients in Autumn is a good way of helping your plants regain a balanced hydration level, as the hotter months encourage excessive moisture retention, which can cause some plants to dry out or become too hydrated which can cause plants to die.
- Pruning your trees and plants in Autumn works very well to assist your trees with growing more healthily, beating any potential diseases and allowing new leaves and branches to grow and withstand the harsh weather conditions during the colder months.
- Planting flower bulbs in Autumn is a great way to maintain a colourful garden, as trees, plants and leaves in Autumn tend to lose their colour all up until Spring, bulbs usually remain bright and colourful in Autumn.
- Composting is a great way of making the most of your garden in Autumn as many trees and plants shed leaves, you can use these leaves and left over food scraps to mix into your very own compost that can be used to fertilise your garden throughout the Autumn months.
- Planting other herbs and fruit trees in Autumn are a great way of making the most of your garden and coming out with some gorgeous fruit too! Fruits like oranges, apples and pears are great Autumn fruits to plant and grow. These fruits are able to grow throughout Autumn and Winter. If you’ve got the space, the time and the right type of care plan, planting fruit trees could be a great addition to your garden space in Autumn.
Welcoming in a new season with the right ways to make the most of your garden can be very productive and exciting to see the positive outcomes of taking care of your garden.
At Jim’s Mowing we believe in quality garden care and maintenance all year round. To learn more about our variety of garden services and care treatments, please contact us on: 131 546 to speak with a member of our team today.